- Would your manager say that you are a team player, serious, and dedicated employee?
- Would he/she say that you have solved problems that were particularly difficult? And not only that—fixed a long-term issue that no one else could resolve?
- Would he/she say that you saved the company hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in cost reduction?
- Would he/she say that your efforts delighted their biggest customer?
- Would your manager say: “Joan [or John] has my back. I can always depend on her to go the extra mile and get the job done right. She makes me look good.” ?
Okay, so you’ve got a nice job, good pay and great benefits. Now, are you doing your best every day to be your boss’s right-hand person? Frankly speaking, do earn your pay every day? I’m just saying…